Building a Website is one of the first things I learned how to do when stepping into the Online Marketing Industry, In this post I will like to share some valuable tips on building your first website. When I built my first blog, I made a lot of errors which later on I had to fix and it took me quite a while. Had little to no experience in web design, youtube and google was my only source to educate myself. Below is a list of useful tips on what you should and shouldn’t do when Building a Website.
Building A Website / What You Shouldn’t Do
- Do not make the design of your website too tacky, Keep it plain and simple. Making your site easy to navigate through will give you better results in terms of traffic and overall performance
- Do not copyright other peoples content, Its a Google Violation and believe me you don’t want to be on there bad side.
- Do not use High Competitive Keywords for your articles.
- Do not choose your niche based on popularity, Remember you have to update your blog constantly so you need to select a niche that’s in your best interest and a topic that will give you a lot to write about.
Building A Website / What You Should Do
- Find a domain thats already generating some traffic, I currently use MARKET SAMURAI to find my domains and keywords, Try it for free Click Here Market Samurai.
- When Writing your posts, Selecting Low Competitive Keywords will increase the chances of your articles appearing on google search results, as your ranking get higher then you can select higher competitive keywords so start low and work your way up.
- Get familiar with SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ), In order for your website to show up on google you need to follow their guidelines and recommendations like heading tags H1 H2 H3, Meta Description, Keyword Density, Alt Image. If you are using WordPress, I would recommend using the Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin and Seopressor they both work great for Optimizing your website.
- Consider signing up with an Affiliate Marketing Program to start earning income from your website.
- Learn how to add Backlinks, They play a huge role when improving your pagerank Read my article on BACKLINKS
- Create unique content, The whole point of Building a Website is to share your knowledge and services with others who need it so provide valuable content.
- Make your website look professional and use high quality images.
Building A Website / Conclusion
When building my first website, I was writing tons of posts and they wouldn’t get ranked on google, My web design was too colorful and my sites performance was very slow. I had no clue what I was doing, felt that by just adding a lot of content to my website I would have success but I was totally wrong. Once I learned about SEO I began to edit all my content and after a couple of weeks started to see results. My websites rankings was improving and I was generating more traffic. Wish I would of had someone tutor me since the beginning that way I wouldn’t of made all those mistakes but I learned the hard way and that’s why I am providing these tips for beginners so that they won’t make the same mistakes I made. I hope this post on Building a Website was useful, If you have any questions regarding Building A Website or Optimizing it, Please feel free to contact me I’ll be more than glad to help you.